Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for meeting up with others that served in Korea. If you were in Korea during the War, or stationed in Korea any time after, you can post up where you were, and hopefully over time, will start meeting up with others that you served with.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Don M.

Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Empty
PostSubject: Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.   Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am

I was station at Camp Casey from Sept. 1958 to Oct. 1959, thriteen month tour. We lived in Quanset Huts and used outdoor latrines. The shower house was unheated and the hot water came from well water, pumped into a retaining tank by bildge pumps from an old tank. The water was heated using two chow hall heaters. The bildge pumps ran from a connection to a set of batteries that were charged by a jeep engine. First to shower got the hot water those afterwards were no so luckly. Whoever thought the shower operation up was really smart. We were in the field most of the time supporting the 31st. Inf. During the winter we were out in the field for over three weeks and the whole shower house froze up.

It was very hard to get spare parts and our tools weren't the best in the world. I was very happy to rotate out. My next assignment was Ft. Riley Kansas for a year with the 578th Ord Co., Fifth Army.

Thanks for having this site the photo's are wonderful. Tong Du Chon sure has changed, it was off limits to us except for the market and MS1. There were no paved roads and forget about traffic lights everything was Army.
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.   Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Hello Don,
I was there just a couple of years after you, and we had progressed to running water in our central shower/latrine. Smile We were in the valley on the hill side next to where the roads from the 2 gates met by the gas pumps and fire station. Was called Happey Valley then. The Pistol Range was located in our area, Pomeray Range.

If I remember correctly, the 707th was located off the road from gate 2, near the 7th Med Bn. We use to go to there EM Club, since we didn't have any thing in our area. The Vill was on limits when I got there. What memories... Just like the Wild West. Smile

Our huts had plywood floors, that we tore out and did them in cincreat. We thought we were high class then.

I was a driver with the old M211 2 1/2, but they found out I was a good wrench at the drag strips before I came in, so switched me to a Mechanic.

If you have any pictures from your time, I would love to add them to the web page.

Bruce
Back to top Go down
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/army.htm
Don M.

PostSubject: Re: Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.   Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Bruce,

I have some pictures somewhere and when I find them I'll send the pictures to you. My outfit was just down the road from the 7th Med. One night when we were in the field my buddy & I picked up a GI on the side of the road half frozen. We were returning to Camp Casey. We had a 5 ton wrecker, so we put him in the cab with us and dropped him at the 7th Med. One of our jobs in the field was to pulled broken down trucks, like your duce & a half, off the mountain and back to the rear.

Take care,

Don
Back to top Go down
Don M.

PostSubject: Re: Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.   Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Bruce,

Check out this site for photo's of 7th Division in the late 50's

http://news.webshots.com/album/25782282ciNqEEvink

Don M.
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.   Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Some nice pictures. I will go over them this weekend, and then see if he will let me use some.

Thanks,
Bruce
Back to top Go down
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/army.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.   Camp Casey,  Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camp Casey, Company A, 3rd Plt., 707th Ord Bn.
Page 1 of 1