Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for meeting up with others that served in Korea. If you were in Korea during the War, or stationed in Korea any time after, you can post up where you were, and hopefully over time, will start meeting up with others that you served with.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The grumpy neighbors up North.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
discworldfan

discworldfan

The grumpy neighbors up North. Empty
PostSubject: The grumpy neighbors up North.   The grumpy neighbors up North. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:00 am

They're at it again.

Somehow though, this latest bit of sabre rattling sounds a bit more ominous.

Any ideas?

Think this could be the one?

I remember when we were thinking the Iraqi's were going to meet us on the battlefield with hundreds of Soviet tanks and such - turned out that most of them didn't work, didn't run or had no spare parts.
What about the NK's? Think it could be more of the same; they have the few dozen or so 'show pieces', but everything else is just junk?

I also wonder about the resolve of the average NK soldier. Sure years of brainwashing and indoctrination could make a decent foe, but then again, when there isn't enough food, water or electricity.....maybe being over-run by the US/SK forces wouldn't be so bad after all.....
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: The grumpy neighbors up North.   The grumpy neighbors up North. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:46 am

I bet the Army is re-thinking its new policy on allowing Command Sponsored in Area 1 now.

The past South Korean President Park Chung Hee initiated a policy that no new construction could take place north of the Hann River. This was to take more of the population out of the range of the NK artillery. This worked well for several years, till after he was killed. The leadership after him allowed new construction north of the Hann, and well north of Camp Casey. The area north of Seoul is in easy range of artillery, and will be heavily damaged in the initial attack by artillery and ground forces before being pushed out.

I do not think that the Nut Case in the north will try to initiate any major move south, because he knows it will be the end of his regime, but as nuts as he is, I would not want to bet either way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/army.htm
discworldfan

discworldfan

PostSubject: Re: The grumpy neighbors up North.   The grumpy neighbors up North. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:58 am

Yeah, that's the thing - he's a bit more unsettled these days. I wonder if he is trying to set something up for his son(s)? Figures the people will go to war for The Great Leader rather than one of his upstart offspring - then his kids get to take over and play.

He sees the US in Iraq and Afghanistan; sees the trouble with the pirates off of Africa, the growing unrest in Pakistan - maybe he thinks this is his chance to do something.

I wonder if his Chinese and Russian neighbors would suport him though.

Oh well, nothing to do but watch.
Back to top Go down
discworldfan

discworldfan

PostSubject: Re: The grumpy neighbors up North.   The grumpy neighbors up North. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Got an email from a friend in er....uh.... Gyeonggido Province (aha!)
She said that the locals don't seem the least impressed with the latest roar from The Great Leader and things are business as usual.

Nice to know.
Back to top Go down
Dave Dow

PostSubject: Re: The grumpy neighbors up North.   The grumpy neighbors up North. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:54 am

I wonder if it is "business as usual" on Camp Casey. I'll bet they are on some kind of alert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The grumpy neighbors up North.   The grumpy neighbors up North. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The grumpy neighbors up North.
Page 1 of 1