Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for meeting up with others that served in Korea. If you were in Korea during the War, or stationed in Korea any time after, you can post up where you were, and hopefully over time, will start meeting up with others that you served with.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghost Walkers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ewagon

Ghost Walkers Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Walkers   Ghost Walkers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Very Happy Laughing We are looking for information about a unit that operated in Korea between May of 1962 and March 1964 that had the nickname Ghost Walkers. My husband was a member of that unit and we need to find records. We need more information than he was given. He is working on his personel archives and needs additional information.
Back to top Go down
Casper

Ghost Walkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Walkers   Ghost Walkers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:28 pm

It's taken 47 years to receive the awards earned on the DMZ, nobody as gotten any benefits from VA. The controllers of the unit still sit on the records and deny it's existance. But that's exactly what you knew in advance and signed your name to. Once you get older you learn to run when anyone asks you to join a __Composite, __Provisional, or a __HHC Shocked I was there in 1964 and medevaced in December 1964. And deverted back to Korea in 1967-1968 while on the way to the RVN, that trip we did get the Armed forces Expeditionary Medal on time and a CIB. Awhile back a lot of us did get a letter from a politician asking for information about the Ghosts, nobody bit.

Sorry, no release yet, Casper What a Face
Back to top Go down
ewagon

Ghost Walkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Walkers   Ghost Walkers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Casper if you were contacted by congress please let me know what committee is asking. It's time to get those records declassified.
Back to top Go down
casper

Ghost Walkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Walkers   Ghost Walkers Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:12 am

Congress has not contacted anyone, I can point you to two veteran sites specificly containing what's happened. There is also a link on how to request classified records,.On this one http:/verteransinfo.org/korea.html

The second is a letter that went around awhile back, nothing came of this either.

A good site for locating and tracking other veterans of the DMZ is

I don't think you'll find anyone who has tried to get their records released to talk about it. The records are said to be in the Department of Defense not Department of the Army, what you get as a reply is usually "You volunteered, you signed the forms, don't ask again."

Good luck in your quest, most have enough already. You'll notice we finally got support for agent orange exposure in 1968 on the DMZ, and that was common knowledge.

Casper What a Face
Back to top Go down
Casper

Ghost Walkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Walkers   Ghost Walkers Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:23 am

The second url doesn't appear so here it is htt://veteransinfo.tripod.com/ghostwalkers.pdf

That's about all you'll ever get, a phone number.

Casper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghost Walkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Walkers   Ghost Walkers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost Walkers
Page 1 of 1