Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for meeting up with others that served in Korea. If you were in Korea during the War, or stationed in Korea any time after, you can post up where you were, and hopefully over time, will start meeting up with others that you served with.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Madmike

Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern Empty
PostSubject: Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern   Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Looking for anybody who may have served with my father at camp colbern 1968.
His name was ssgt James Ward who drowned in the river in monsoon.

Please contact me
Thank You

Back to top Go down
EddieHanson

PostSubject: James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern Korea   Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 11:54 am

Dear Madmike, My name is Ed Hanson and I served with the 7th infantry at Camp Colbern from 1967-69.  Although  I did not serve with your dad,  I was with him the day he passed away.  The rain was coming down so hard that we had to sandbag the river bank. He was working next to me sandbagging. The rain just would not stop and the longer it rained the muddier it got. Your dad slid into the river from the mud bank.  I don't know how to make this easier for you, but I did want you to know that he was not alone, and he was one hell of fine man. I too think of him often even after 46 years.  Please know he did not suffer.   Yours truly Ed  Hanson
Back to top Go down
Madmike

PostSubject: Re: Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern   Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi Ed

Thanks for the reply.

We have received so many stories over the years it is incredible.
The Army sent us like 3 different stories.
Never got a body as the Army says he was never found.

Recently I saw posts on another board from a Sgt Donald Bloxom, he claims he was there at the time of the incident.
He is also claiming to have found the body a couple weeks later in a village called ha sang go ne. He is claiming PSTD because of this and trying to get benefits. He is also claiming other things like cancer from AO. I spoke with him and his wife on the phone, but he claims his memory is toast from the chemo.
Needless to say I do not find him very credible, I asked him who he reported to and what happened to the body but he cannot remember..

I am simply wanting to communicate with someone who was actually there to see what really happened and if there is ANY possibility of his body having been found and what may have happened to it.

Do you remember a Sgt Donald Bloxom being there at all?

Thank You
Mike Ward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern   Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you serve with ssgt James Ward 1968 Camp Colbern
Page 1 of 1