Korea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for meeting up with others that served in Korea. If you were in Korea during the War, or stationed in Korea any time after, you can post up where you were, and hopefully over time, will start meeting up with others that you served with.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?

Go down 
+5
stumpy66
Bill Beatty
SPC Sweeney
wd4ngb
sprintfan11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sprintfan11

Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Empty
PostSubject: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 am

Anyone serve at Camp Kyle, 61st Maint. Company. I was a generator mechanic in the Engineer section.

Shawn Miller
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 pm

I was at Kyle in 1969 for a couple of weeks. Was in D Company, 4th Maint Bn. We then moved to Cp Stanley. Was a neat move, in that we put our TA50 on, and carried our weapons during the move, and received credit for our manditory yearly field problem. Our Bn Hq was at CRC, and we had another company at Kyle, A Company. I think we had the same mission, DS maint for all non divisonal units north of Seoul. A Company also had a detachment a Cp Page, and D Company had 2, 1 at Cp St Barbara and one at Cp McIntyre, both near the DMZ.

Outside of Kyle was called Kumu-ri, and was a max of 1,000 people there then. Now looks like part of Uijongbu

http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/kyle.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/army.htm
SPC Sweeney

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:36 am

Camp Kyle Closed down in 2005 but I was in 61st when they moved to Camp Stanley
Back to top Go down
Bill Beatty

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 am

Was there from 72-73.
Back to top Go down
stumpy66

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 pm

I was there in 60-61. Was in 36th Ordinance Co. This was a new company that was formed at Aberdeen Proving Ground and shipped to Korea as a unit. When we arrived we didn't have any tools or vehicles or even shops to work in. We arrived in July but were not expected until November
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 pm

If any of you guys have any pictures of Cp Kyle, I would love to add them to the Camps Section here.

http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/korea%20pics.htm

I need a few more pictures to make a seperate page about Kyle.

Email them to me at wde4ngb@charter.net

Thanks, Bruce
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 pm

I received a few pictures, so started a Camp Kyle page. If you have any to add to it, please email the pictures to the above email address.

Here is the page.

http://qsl.net/wd4ngb/kyle.htm
Back to top Go down
wd4ngb

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:16 am

Added more pictures of Cp Kyle and Kumo-ri

http://qsl.net/wd4ngb/kyle.htm
Back to top Go down
hammer44

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:30 pm

[quote="stumpy66"]I was there in 60-61. Was in 36th Ordinance Co. This was a new company that was formed at Aberdeen Proving Ground and shipped to Korea as a unit. When we arrived we didn't have any tools or vehicles or even shops to work in. We arrived in July but were not expected until November[/quote
never heard of 36 ord at camp kyle , i was assigned to 4th ord bn .i was in 16 ord and we have a unite at cp, kyle (38 ord co) i remember reading about 38 ord being attacked during the korean war .did they change the name from 36ord to 38 ord later.
Back to top Go down
hammer44

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Bill Beatty wrote:
Was there from 72-73.

are you retired SGMAJ Beatty who thought he could call fastpitch softball.
hammer webb if you are e-mail me at jimmiewebb@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
rcarmy60

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Was the first to live in the newly built 36th ord in 1970 was an mp from 260th .I have a yr. book of all the ord and mp co. Im going to be 60yr. in march .Never heard of camp kyle . casey and red cloud though .
Back to top Go down
charlie

PostSubject: Camp Kyle 1960-61   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm

I was at Kyle 1960-61 but we called it Kumo-Ri......never heard another name. I was with the 216th Ballistic & Tech Service detachment, and we had the back end of a quanset in the 36th Ord. area. During 1961, thst unit was moved without personel to Okinawa. I was re-assigned to the 123 Signal Co. which was quartered near Camp Red Cloud, then the 123rd moved to Camp Jackson (it also was un-named as I remember) just South of Uijongbu.
Back to top Go down
CharlieH

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 am

I was at Kyle 1960-61 but we called it Kumo-Ri......never heard another name. I was with the 216th Ballistic & Tech Service detachment, and we had the back end of a quanset in the 36th Ord. area. During 1961, thst unit was moved without personel to Okinawa. I was re-assigned to the 123 Signal Co. which was quartered near Camp Red Cloud, then the 123rd moved to Camp Jackson (it also was un-named as I remember) just South of Uijongbu.
Back to top Go down
rsavagebob

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:26 am

I was at Kumo-ri 66-67, company A 4th Maint Battalion for 13 months. We were radio repair and did CMMI inspections at other camps near the DMZ. I came back from doing an inspection driving a 3/4 ton through heavy ice and snow. I crossed a check point that had 2 korean guards. I found out when I got back to Kumo-ri that the NK had hit them and killed them within minutes of my passing them. The top sargent couldn't believe we were still alive and though for sure we had been killed also.
Back to top Go down
hammer44

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:13 am

wd4ngb wrote:
If any of you guys have any pictures of Cp Kyle, I would love to add them to the Camps Section here.

http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/korea%20pics.htm

I need a few more pictures to make a seperate page about Kyle.

Email them to me at wde4ngb@charter.net

Thanks, Bruce
i was there from Feb 69 -Aug 69 assign to co c 4th Maint Bn . I welding shop.
Pitch for my company fast pitch team .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?   Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camp Kyle- Anyone Serve There?
Page 1 of 1