This Forum is for meeting up with others that served in Korea. If you were in Korea during the War, or stationed in Korea any time after, you can post up where you were, and hopefully over time, will start meeting up with others that you served with.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

compound near Kumori village, Co A, 4th Maint Battalion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsavagebob

PostSubject: compound near Kumori village, Co A, 4th Maint Battalion   Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Trying to remember the compound I was stationed at next to the Village of Kumori (not sure of the spelling). This was 1967, I left shortly before the Pueblo crisis.
This was in Uijongbu about 20 miles north of Seoul. We had a large radio repair shop. The top sargent was "Hammer Hank" and when he left, the place exploded and I remember the men turned over a car and burned it. Then the next top Sargent was "Big Red". He called a formation at night and challanged anyone to step over a line in the dirt if they though they were man enough to whip him. Funny how you remember these things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rsavagebob

PostSubject: found pics of the compound   Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 am

This was the Kumo Ri maintenance compound later named Camp Kyle. Anyone serve there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

compound near Kumori village, Co A, 4th Maint Battalion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1